T1: A Program to play Twixt
TwixT is a boardgame by Alex Randolph.
T1 is a program to play TwixT by Johannes Schwagereit (mail(at)johannes-schwagereit.de).
These versions of T1 play quite weak (but at least they beat www.twixt.de).
My recommendation is to use 'T1j' instead.
Version 0.6 Major update: Pie-Rule, improved GUI, improved playing strength
Version 0.2b - Now compiles with Microsoft Visual C++.
Version 0.2 - Bug-corrections and minor improvement of playing strength.
Version 0.1 A more or less are fully functional prototype.
All versions of T1 are licenced under the GPL. See below for a download of the sourcecode.
Features of Version 0.6
- Computer plays either left-right or top-down
- All links are placed automatically
- End of game is recognized by program
- Boardsize may be set to any value between 12x12 and 36x36
- Non-quadratic boards are possible (Handicap-games)
- Colors for both players may be set
- The window is resizeable
- Preferences are saved to file
- pie-rule is implemented
- optional diagonal 'area' lines
- Save and Load games
- Variable playing strength (by setting time for computer move)
- Undo and Redo of any number of moves
- Playing strength is low
- Link removal is not implemented
- Program may contain bugs
- Operating System: Linux (Kernel 2.4 or 2.6)
- Programming language: C++
- Compiler: gcc (at least version 3.3).
- GUI toolkit: Fast Light Tool Kit (FLTK) Version 1.1.4.
FLTK is available for Mac and Windows as well, so it is possible to port T1 to other operating systems.
Two screenshots from version 0.6
The New-Dialog. Note that the non-quadratic boards ('Handicap' games) are possible.
Some screenshots from version 0.1.
Main window (during a game between www.twixt.de - playing blue - and T1 - playing red -).
The dialog for a new game.
The options window.
A Screenshot from an old version. The interesting point is: It shows the nine possible links which have to be checked before placing a given link.
Download of Version 0.1
Sourcecode: t1_01.zip. (Use "Save target as..." if necessary.)
To compile the sourcecode see file 'INSTALL'. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Download of Version 0.6
Sourcecode: t1_06.zip. (Use "Save target as..." if necessary.)
To compile the sourcecode see file 'INSTALL'. This version can be compiled with GCC on Linux and with Microsoft Visual C++. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Executable for Windows: t1_06_exe.zip. (Use "Save target as..." if necessary.)